Tuesday, August 22, 2006

In Full Swing

Well, I'd wanted to wait until the end of August, but for some reason found myself today doing six hours of lessons. Though it didn't quite go as nicely as I'd liked (the power went out while we were researching New Mexico on the internet and the cable didn't come back until much later!), it was still a nice day.

We are writing a lot. I mean, a lot! We'd like to start my oldest on cursive before long. We write definitions from the dictionary, we write about various bible stories. This week, we're writing about the states that border Texas. Not detailed stuff, but basics - state bird, state frijole, etc.

The little one, still working on ABC books.

I read her three of these twice a day every day for a week, and she's starting to get it. She can recognize the letter "C" without really thinking about it.

Triumphs: Oldest is writing neater. Still working on sentence structure, but she's writing neater. She's also improved a great deal on her math over two weeks ago.
Youngest is starting to recognize letters when she sees them.

Pitfalls: Still no adult contact during the week...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home